Monday, April 23, 2012

 

Is there something I’m holding onto that I know I need to let go, and place in God’s hands?

Do I have any resentment, unforgiveness, bitterness, anger or rage for someone(s), something/event?

Why am I holding onto ‘this’ soo tightly? What is holding me back from trusting fully that God can handle ‘this’?

How is holding onto ‘this’ affecting my life daily? How has it overflowed into my relationships with others?

These are some questions to ponder, as you listen to this song. I want to share this ‘Dangerous’ song by KJ-52 which I heard just last week, because it is soo profoundly true.


If you don’t already know, God really uses music to speak to me in a special way. When I heard this song for the first time, I was reminded of where I once was, many years ago, and where God has brought me today.

I don’t know your story of what’s happened to you, or who’s hurt you soo deeply. I can say, as one whom has been healed by God and restored from abuse, that God is saddened by the injustices done to you. He wants to be your hero, who mends your heart and soul.

I short little testimony…Many, many years ago, I had bottled up a lot of hurt and brokenness that had occurred over many years to me by an individual. With continual wounds, I felt as though I never had time to heal from the previous wound. Why? I was holding onto the injustices done to me, as a way to control how I ‘handle’ the situation/circumstance. I didn’t realize I was only doing more damage to myself by bottling it all up, because I finally erupted like a volcano early in college. It was soon afterwards, that I discovered that God doesn’t desire or want me to carry that unnecessary burden. But instead, trust Him and give all of it over to Him. I also learned that God wants to use what we’ve gone through to glorify Him, and bring others to His saving knowledge. If we choose to hold on soo tightly, where we’re white knuckling it, how can we truly walk in the freedom of forgiveness that He desires us to enjoy? Furthermore, how can we grow in deeper trusting relationship with our Heavenly Father if we’re holding onto something that we’re not meant to carry?

I know this is a tough thing to discuss and bring up. I understand this is something can is often, easier said than done. I mention it though because, as one whom God has healed and helped relinquish to Him all the hurt and pain of physical/emotional abuse, He desires the same thing for you too. It’s the most freeing thing. God is no respecter of persons (He doesn’t play favorites), and wants to use your hurt and what you’ve gone though and turn it around into a beautiful masterpiece.

Let’s strive to quickly surrender hurt when it occurs, and extend forgiveness in the same way God, our Heavenly Father does for us on a daily basis.

Many blessings to you, in your walk with Jesus! You are loved!


No comments: